Roanoke County’s Explore Park offers an expanse of rolling hills, deep ravines and pastoral meadows which lend themselves to a multitude of diverse and exciting events and activities which make this location a premier recreation venue and a backdrop for unique and memorable events. It can be tailored to meet individual, group and community needs. This 1100 acre park abounds with beautiful open fields and meadows, wooded areas, river views and access, biking and hiking trails and other scenic and accessible locations. We would be more than happy to discuss with you all that the park has to offer and to see how Roanoke County’s Explore Park can become your palette for adventure, opportunity and fun!
Current Locations Available
Hofauger House Historical Meadows
Brugh Tavern Lawn
Hautz Barn Field, Blacksmith & Grist Mill
Rental Fee Schedule:
• $600 rental fee for the use of specific outdoor locations. Included but not limited to the Lawn of the Brugh Tavern, field in front of the Houtz Barn, area by Kemp’s Ford School House, the field by the Hofauger House and the area by Slone’s Gristmill, the Frontier Fort and Journey’s End.
• Ability to decorate at location as desired. Some limitations apply and will be discussed individually depending on specific location
• Ability to bring in caterer of your choice
• Ample parking
• 14 miles of hiking/biking/running trails
• Use of outside trash receptacles/dumpster on site for waste disposal